Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My child strolled into busy traffic this morning just as a exceedingly large semi-trailer was driving past. I was 5 feet away and a little clueless as I was handing off the children to grandma who is watching them today. A voice called out in warning and I ran to the other side of the car and grabbed my little darling.
She was clueless as well. She had no idea of the danger she was in. Luckily the trailer was just coming from a red light and had not picked up speed.
I keep going over all the little things that didn't happen.
I didn't want the kids to see how I was barely keeping it together. I put them in grandma's car and then had to hide out in mine while I lost it. This was such a close call that I need to believe that some kind of spirit/energy force is out there looking out for me because how did this not end in disaster???

I am a mother first above all in this busy life and I let the craziness of the morning distract me from my baby. This is a wake up call for me to be more present in the lives of my children. It is not easy to balance being a business owner with ensuring that my husband and my children receive the attention from me they need.
My stomach is still turning and my eyes still raw from reliving the morning's event.

No comments: