Friday, October 23, 2009

Bringing my child's life alive in a book.






I attended my first parent teacher conference last night. My husband was able to come too which was great as he could finally meet DD's teacher and see her classroom.

I will admit that I was a little hesitant putting DD into full day kindie as she is only 4, being a December baby and all. I absolutely love her teacher. My daughter amuses her. I like this.

The first few weeks of school Mrs. W. took photos of DD's class all over the school and with various teachers and staff. She then created little story books with the photos that the kids take home to read. It is a great way for us to see her little world and for her to be encouraged to read stories that have more of a connection.

When my 2nd daughter was born she made a lot of funny snuffly noises. I made up a story of how my older daughter was a faerie who finds a baby snuffler in the woods. I decided to take this story a litte further. My cousin helped me shoot the scenes and we made the story into a book. This story we have forever now. Baba soon stopped making the noises and they both grew, but we have that one moment held in time. We took a story that unfolded in those first few months of siblings adjusting to one another and turned it into a visual memory.

I would like to offer this service to my clients. I need to work on the details though as it can be quite time consuming and I would like to make it affordable.

No comments: