Friday, October 9, 2009

Girls Night Out

My very dear friend who moved to Ottawa came home to stay with us for two wonderful weeks. We could only organize one night away as children, jobs and husbands limited our options. We made the most of what we had.
If you ever have the chance to visit Guemes Island Resort I highly recommend it, but go in the off season.
Whatever you do, don't end up at the ferry terminal to the San Juan's and ask for Gomez Island. You may look a little silly. I don't even know how to spell it phonetically. Just remember to turn off of the main road onto to I Avenue to get you to the Guemes Island ferry.


As we were only staying for one night we opted for the tiny, yet luxury cabins as they had their own private hot tubs and I was all over that. We also sat in the amazing hot sauna and had massages in the little massage cabin the next morning. Oh yah, and the sangria my Washington friend brought up was delectable.
Check out the resort at: http://www.guemesislandresort.com/



Hey, there is me... on the right!

I think she looks like Van Gogh's sister....if he had had one.
The locals having an early seat at the Country Store Inn. I had a great coffee with a maple oatmeal cookie....yum!



Our beach view and we had the whole place to ourselves. Definitely go off-season.


I miss you babe!

No comments: