Thursday, June 25, 2009

Vancouver is a pretty cool and open-minded city!

On Monday I received a phone call asking for my services for a very intimate wedding the next day. Karen and Lisa had flown in from Australia the day before, saw how open and amazing Vancouver is for sex-same weddings and decided then to organize a ceremony for the next day. They managed to pick up a licence, find a marriage commissioner, find moi aka the photographer, pick out rings, make hair appts, and have bouquets made.
They left the next day to head down to San Fransisco where initially they had wanted to tie the knot, but of course were thwarted. A quick side trip to Vancouver to suss out the situation here was very rewarding.
I would just like to say for the record that these two beautiful women were a joy to photograph. I often felt as if they didn't even know I was there. I believe these nuptials were a long time coming for the two of them. They were so obviously in love and felt very comfortable in Vancouver. I asked them about their experience and commented that is not always a gay-friendly city. For them everyone went out of their way to help them set the details and thus my faith is restored.
I seem to have had a few faith restoring episodes in the last little while from all angles. I was very pleased that they found me and I wish them the best for the future.












7 comments:

Naomi Edrees said...

Those photos have really done them justice - two very beautiful women both inside and out.

Rachel_Caico said...

Beautiful photos of two beautiful ladies! Congratulations! I'm very happy for you both...well done!!! Can't wait to see you to give you a big nonna's hug!!!!

Rachel_Caico said...

I forgot to say (in my previous comment) that i love the frocks!!!

Gina said...

Congratulations Karen and Lisa.
Gorgeous photos, capturing a special moment in time for two sweet, loving souls.well done! xo

Rhonda said...

Congratulation. You both look fantastic. Can't wait to see the rest of the photos. Enjoy the rest of your holiday. Love Rhonda

Melissa and Daniel said...

Congratulations! We are both so happy for you. The photos are absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to catch up with you both soon xx

Aurora De Leucio said...

I am over the moon for both of you. The photos are romantic and capture your love beautifully. Can't wait to see the both of you so we can celebrate this fantastic event together. Congratulations! All my love and kisses Aurora