Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Very elegant grads

I meant to post these photos last month,but time got away from me. I had a most amazing night photographing the graduating class of VST at the Christ Church Cathedral. It was so great on a few levels.
This was my first time being inside of the Christ Church Cathedral and WOW was it overwhelming. I was there early and the light filling the church from the stained glass windows was so delicate and beautiful.
The graduating speakers were so inspiring with their words. I am not a religious person, but I respect those who follow their faith. I remain a more earthbound individual and have had a few opinions on the insitution of churches (historically speaking), but listening to words spoken that night my faith was restored. I felt that if the open-mindedness and compassion of those graduating and going on to fulfill ministries was what the 'Church' had in its future, then perhaps I too could be more open in terms of the institution of religion.




The choir was breathtaking and made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I need to find out if they do concerts there as it truly was a soul-uplifting experience.

No comments: